Monday, November 28, 2016

I am a 35mm user on a crop sensor body which means I am more capable and used to shooting with a 50mm equivalent focal length. Way back 3yrs ago on during Nikon days I used to shoot weddings with 35mm 1.8g on whole duration of the event that's why when I changed the camera brand I also bought fujinon 35mm 1.4. Then comes the challenge of shooting with a real 35mm focal length on a whole coverage of a wedding.

The Challenge

It's a bit nervous to get out of your comfort zone - using 23mm on whole duration of wedding coverage, with group shoots, portraits, candids, and wide shoot all in one lens. The most challenging part is that must not miss a part because it is my uncle's wedding.

Review

Fujinon 23mm 1.4g is a sharp lens. Thanks to Fujifilm Community Socsargen for letting me try the community lens. It's fast on focusing and has a nice depth of field. I tried it on portraits and I like the DOF I get and it also fits right on tight places like medium size hotel rooms. Also the best part even on f1.4 group shoots are sharp until edges. Its size is bigger than the fujinon 35mm 1.4 so you can grip more on the lens. If i will to make a line up of fuji lenses for weddings my personal choice will be 16mm1.4, 23mm1.4, 35mm1.4, 56mm1.2 and 50-140mm 2.8. Gonna try the other lenses on my dream lens setup.

here are the shoots with the said event.

Camera: Fujifilm Xt1
Lens: Fujinon 23mm 1.4
Ambient light







































Next
This is the most recent post.
Previous
Older Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment