Wednesday, October 16, 2013


1 year ago i sell all my guitar, stomp box and end up my music career and buy my 1st ever DSLR. Then started photography. I don't know why I choose photography as my career after the band life but there's no turning back that time and I'm happy with the result now.

The LEARNING STAGE

I still remember my master who thought me photography and his name is Herger Gervy Agustine 1 of the photographer in Gensan. I'm His P.A for almost 6 months as a reflector guy, human stand of flash, doing all the stuff even its like alalay work but i learned soo much from him. And after 6 months of P.A he then promoted me to be his 2nd photo or back up and after that I independently go along with photography. Aside from sir Gervy I also got inspiration from other local photographer and they share also their styles and i merge them all making my own photo style and work flow.

o
me on reflector .. good times :p

My 1st

I can also remember my 1st photo shoot it is in Villa Funeral in Gensan and we are shooting a concept that the model were placed in a coffin and morgue while some of the dead bodies are waiting in the lobby of the morgue waiting to be attended by the embalmer that was a creepy experience.


My 1st wedding coverage is something i can't forget. All the fast scene and all that work and effort i did for my pictures to be more than ok than ever. I did weddings before but i am only backup photo But this time I am the main photographer and I am the contact person so its a huge obligation but I handle it pretty well. for more pictures click here.


My 1st photo shoot where I am the only photographer. Its a headache with all that 1st time models also and those poses that until now I am not that good. I will tell you frankly its my worst ever photo shoot.

the only picture that is ok out of 300 shoots i made during that shoot :)

My 1st debut cover is fun type. The debutante is well loved by its parents. If you want to know about more about it the cover just click here. That debut cover is starting point were I manage to trust my self and I can do more on my photo skills.


Milestone 

Shifting to photography is a milestone for me know why? It makes me more expressive in what I do. The things I just want to add is that many recognize my effort and also love it aswell. I achieved many things in my 1st yr in photography and this is what i love the most.

I am a placer in Maitum Sarangani Photo Safari.
a boy asking his father for a cotton candy

I won 1st place in our weekly contest unexpectedly in GCC.

I belong to the top 10 photos in Tuna festival Photo contest on parade and float category.

1 of the top 10 pictures in tuna festival photo contest parade and float category

Photo walk winner on T'boli kematul mining site. This is unexpected and others congratulates me without me knowing it that i won.

my winning photo at our photo walk in tboli

and I became a photojournalist in our school paper which is the BAGWIS MSU.
photos ivetaken during intramurals 2013

Goals and objective for upcoming year

I just wanna be a travel photographer and seek adventure then takes snapshot pictures of what I do. I want also to work on magazines and have more challenging jobs to come. My 1st year so much happiness and struggles but yet I handle it all. More years to come for me.

To start my new year right I take a photo shoot with Ms.Tourism 2013 Johanna Ariexa Quilinderino and im soo thankful for her time and effort with his HMUA(Hair and Makeup Artist) Ruel Ompad.





0 comments:

Post a Comment