Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Viewing deck at Mt. Parker Over-viewing Lake Holon

I almost collapsed in the trail seriously and almost give up and simply back trail at my 1st hour on the trail so embarrassing yet with my pride and ego I still strive hard to reach the peak. And that’s what I did in my 2014 valentine’s day. Instead of dating with my hot models (seriously they are texting where am I and want to go out with me) I choose to go Mt. Parker and be with nature in the day of hearts.

Preparations

I have a field trip that is cancelled so there is no major preparations I did specially the psychical preparation (that’s why I almost faint) but still I made it hahaha. I just brought with me 3 liters of water, 4cups of rice, 6 can goods(equivalent to 6 meals) , chichirya , my utensils , my tripod ,camera of course and also timasa (my shirts and shorts).

Itinerary




My experience

The experience climbing up the peak of Mt. parker is once in a life time achievement and also i can say was a dream come true to me. Every mountain I climb is another experience and each of them has a different characteristic and with Mt. Parker it’s a 4 wheel drive (your chin and your ankle almost bump each other) and also I love the water so cold and so natural. It is a close canopy peak so no worries about heat but the only problem for me up there is the temperature. Up there I always shiver coz it was so cold. Other than that the view up there was superb. Before you will reach the peak you will pass the angels point (or what we call stairway to heaven) it is a point where there is only one way and the both side are cliffs. And also there is a viewing deck 5mins walk at the peak where you can have a bird’s eye view of the heart shape Lake Holon/ Lake Maughan.
 
Bagong Silang Elementary School sunrise
Kids at Bagong SIlang

Preparing to hike

my fainting face still saying kaya pa kayamokat

1st stop 1 hr walk

posing for pictures

Baktas Msu batch 2013

Calye(Calumpang Youth Empowerment)

4 wheel drive point selfie

close canopy trail



Campsite at the peak


Natives and the guide

Baktas MSU

Angel Point
Panorama at angel point


picture taking at Angels peak

ME with my co Mountaineers the Baktas MSU

Want to go to Mt. Parker too?

When you are in gensan just ride a habal2 from Sase, Fatima, UHaw to Bagong Silang it will cost you 100 pesos/head. And at Bagong Silang you can hire a local porter and a guide that will cost you 200 pesos going to peak.

 Additional

There is also a hot spring in bagong silang soo after a tiring walk just deep in the hot water on the spring and also be polite with the natives and give them your excess food and also bring many medicine they need it there.



0 comments:

Post a Comment