Saturday, September 24, 2016

People come and go, they maybe give you bad ideas and impression in life or give you a break of a lifetime. After 4 years in photography what happened? Thoughts and views I keep in progress day by day with my camera.


Shooting Style

My shooting style differ from last year. This time I invested so much on emotions. Pictures that convey stories as what my mentor Van Almeria told me. More inlove with wide shoots and wide lens. I liked it more using 35mm as my main lens, 11-16mm for my group and wide shoot and 50mm as my telephoto. I dont use higher focal length aside from 50mm. Im more on ambient style shooting with somewhat film editing now.

Camera and Equipments

I use 35mm 1.8g on my Nikon D90 until it was damaged on early august just this year after 4years in service. I just brought fujifilm xt1 with its kit lens 18-55mm 2.8 to 4. I dont shoot without trigger on event so I also brought Phottix Ares and one external flash Youngnou 560V4.




Experience

I experienced more work this year most of it are big weddings,debuts, big festivals and documentation. I also experienced growth this year not just in skills but also in ethics and professionalism. I will always be thankful to people who helped me to be where am i right now.



Learnings

"You dont know anything Jon Snow" funny but its life. I dont know everything in photography so as a result I learned to give it to the experts. Its not that Im giving up to the challenge to be better but rather, some individuals can give more satisfaction to that client better than me. I also learned to praise others works and help them up. No more crab mentality. I also learned to be just me. This my output and this is what I can offer. Take it or leave it. Hire me or not. I just wanted my clients to hire me because of my style not because they want someone out of me.





Perspective

Maybe I will try to push myself more on the field. Try more out of the box thinking. Try more out town jobs. Try more adventure and try even more to be the best that i could. I always believe on a saying "You reap what you sow" I will plant more this upcoming years so I will sow more the next. Im not that good as what I set my ambitions in life but I
m more better now than me 4 years ago.




























0 comments:

Post a Comment